Vicente del Bosque has revealed that he will leave his role as Spain coach, days after the reigning champions crashed out of Euro 2016. - From ESPNFC.com
Del Bosque, 65, had previously said he would step down following Euro 2016 and, after Spain lost to Italy in the round-of-16 stage on Monday, he confirmed earlier reports from AS and Marca on Thursday that he would be quitting at the end of his contract.
"Without a doubt, I have no intention to remain as coach, but you have to be discreet.
No matter what the result of the Euros, I had no doubt about what my future would be," he told Spanish public radio RNE.
"I will continue until July 31.
There are many qualified people." Caparros, who has managed a host of Spanish clubs including Villarreal, Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao and Levante, said earlier this week that he would be interested in taking charge of the national team, but would prefer to see Del Bosque stick around.