Donors to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign have become skittish -- with some downright angry -- after a 2005 tape surfaced Friday in which the GOP nominee can be heard making vulgar remarks about women.
Some Republican leaders are out with vicious critiques of Trump's 2005 tape discussing his attempts to grope, grab, and have sex with women.
After the Washington Post first published the tape, people want their money back, he said.
(The Republican party and the campaign’s fundraising apparatus is not returning donations.) According to the bundler, donors said they feel betrayed by Trump -- that their efforts have been a waste.
Other Republicans have expressed disgust and outrage over the previously unaired “Access Hollywood” footage from 2005, where Trump boasts about his sexual advances, saying that he can “grab [women] by the p****,” and that when you’re a star “you can do anything.” Others have weighed in with forceful condemnations of the businessman, including House Speaker Paul Ryan, who said he was “sickened” by the 2005 comments, and Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus, who said in a statement that “[n]o woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner.” Trump brushed aside calls for him to get out of the race.