Ideas, and even dares about eating the pods followed on Reddit and Twitter.
Alfred Aleguas Jr., managing director of the Florida Poison Information Center in Tampa, said if someone mimicked the College Humor video, they could find themselves in a "life-threatening" situation.
Swallowing even a small amount of the highly-concentrated detergent found in pods (which can happen if people bite it and spit contents out), can cause diarrhea and vomiting.
In some cases, some of the detergent could even find its way into the lungs and cause breathing difficulties.
While some teens might not have extreme symptoms, the health risk won't be apparent until it happens.