The company says the Sterling restaurant was sanitized during the two days that it was closed.
"While the restaurant was closed, multiple teams performed complete sanitizations of all surfaces," Chipotle CEO Steve Ells said in a statement Wednesday.
By the next morning, the person said, the daughter was "violently sick, puking, diarrhea, severe pain, overnight into Sunday." The customer added: "Friends ill as well with one friend also in ER." The daughter was hospitalized Sunday for dehydration, nausea, and pain and on Monday was still in "severe pain," according to the customer.
coli, the bacteria that led to a widespread outbreak at Chipotle restaurants in 14 states two years ago.
It's the most common cause of foodborne illnesses in the US, with more than 21 million cases annually.